We all have guilty little pleasures, don’t we? You know what I mean, the things that we like, but we don’t like to admit that we like? Maybe it’s a snack. A tv show. Maybe a habit you have.
I’ll tell you – my number one guilty pleasure – true crime. I’m a murderino. A murder junkie. Murder and Cults. That’s my jam. Now, not in the way that I want it to happen, of course. But in a reserach type of way. You can find me at any given time, watching 48 hours. Listening to “My Favorite Murder”, or “True Crime Obsessed”. I even have a “Farmhouse Style” sign that hangs over my bed that says, “Welcome. Let’s talk about Serial Killers and Cults.” LOL! Oooohhhh… and My new favorite? 60 MINUTES: AUSTRALIA EDITION. (And yes dear, I know you just rolled your eyes. LOL!)
Another one of mine? Facebook. Now not in the way of reading updates, per se. But have you ever seen something, then clicked, and the next thing you know – you are on someone’s page who is the “fourth cousin, twice removed” of the original poster? Yes. Guilty. I do it.
So, I thought I’d give you a list of my guilty pleasures, and you can share yours if you’d like – because to be honest, I feel like we can all use something light-hearted right now. This has been the shortest/longest year ever, and it seems like everywere we look there is something new. It’s a sad day when watching True Crime seems uplifting rather than everyday life. I am kidding in a way, but I am kinda not. Anyway, here ya go. Here’s mine.
- Disney. Animal Kingdom. Epcot.
- FAKE EYELASHES. I wear fake eyelashes 99 percent of the time. I shamelessly love them.
- Uber eats. Even when I have groceries. I call it, “I’ll cook tonight, honey.”
- Watching Netflix documentaries, while doing DIY projects, all day long. Back to Back.
- Fountain Drinks. Like Soda fountain. From 7-11? Coke Zero. McDonald’s? Diet Coke, or if I’m feeling extra skinny – Sprite, because I love McDonald’s Sprite. It’s Crispy.
- Hoarders. The show. I know, it’s disgusting. It blows my mind, though.
- Curling up with a coffee and my phone, when I should be doing chores.
- My Jeep. Modifying My Jeep. Taking Pics of my Jeep. Does that make me “Mannish”? [ (If you don’t get the reference, refer to the earlier post). Nah, it doesn’t make me mannish-it makes me a girl with a lot of interests. I like that about myself. ]
- TikTok. I love it.
- Taking countless selfies until I get the perfect picture.
- Sunbathing. I love it. I also am a skin care junkie. So therein lies a problem. But I will slather myself in sunscreen – especially my face and chest – and lay out.
And that’s just a few. There’s a lot more. So, what are yours? You know I have read that mental health fall-outs are common in the pandemic. People are fearful, tired, scared, just to name a few. So, I challenge you – get your posse of people together, and find what that guilty pleasure is! I bet you will find that you all will have a few of the same. And who knows, maybe you will find something that brings you a touch of joy, too!
I mean, it is a good time to Treat Yo’self.
Love Fully. Live Fully. Shine On.