So, a really wise friend of mine tonight, told me – “I wish you could be happy – I bet you hadn’t thought of that.” And we laughed. Obviously, what was I thinking!? I mean, I would feel better if I was happy, right? Of Course! But I know where their heart was, and I love them for that. But here is the thing. I am sad. I guess part of me always will be. But tonight, I will go bed to happy no matter what. Mainly, because I have so much to be thankful for. So tonight I am going to list my blessings…. maybe you can find a few, too.
1. My husband is a Christian. I get to spend eternity with him
2. I have 3 gorgeous, smart, and healthy children.
3. I have a roof over my head, and food in my pantry.
4. I am typing on a computer. How many people in this world would love to have running water, no less – a computer?!?
5. I have running water. (That was an afterthought to the previous.)
6. I have a friend, who knows me so well, that she brought me the most fantastic pair of shoes to my work today – because she was so excited to give them to me. And they are fantastic. And I love them.
7. My friends from work, surprised me with a birthday lunch, and bought me flowers. Not just any flowers… Pink ones. They also got me a hilarious card, about shoes, (refer to previous point.).
8. I own numerous pairs of fabulous shoes.
9. I am able to read and write. I am thankful for that. So many can’t.
10.I have a car that gets me to and from work.
11.I have a job.
12.I have crackle nail polish and tattoos. I like them all.
13.I have friends I can call anytime day or night – and they will be here. Not many people have that.
14.My kids love me. A lot.
15. My church is fabulous. They gave me my number one.
These are in no particular order, well – with the exception of number one. And that’s just a few. I have many more. So tonight, I will go to bed with a smile. Because I am blessed. Have I experienced excruciating heartbreak? Yes. Have I been loved in an unimaginable way? Yes. I know I will cry tomorrow. I know I will be sad. But, I also know, I am fortunate.
So, I’m lucky. Blessed. And Hopeful. C’mon 34… It’s gonna be a good year. I am going to make it that way… Cause with a list like that – it should be pretty easy.
And Shaun, If you can read blogs up in heaven – you helped me achieve all of those… but most important is my Number one. I can’t wait to see you baby. I love you so much. So very much.